Join now - be part of our community!

PLEASE WAIT

PLEASE WAIT

All I'm getting is "please wait" scrolling across the screen.

I can't get into the menu to do a reset and I can't use Songpal to access it as the Bluetooth won't switch on

HELP? 

10 REPLIES 10

Just to add, it's a HT-XT3 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Did this just happen after a firmware/software update?  Do you have an ethernet cable connected to it?  If so, disconnect it, and turn it back on again.  Then do a reset.

Cheers

Hi

no update that I'm aware of. My niece pushed lots of buttons in the remote then it stopped working and just says Please Wait.

its on a wifi connection.

ive tried the reset by holding down the on button and minus button on the box, it's says reset, then hello, then turns off. When you turn it back on it still says please wait.

i can't use the remote control, nothing happens when I try 

Anyone?? 😞

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Hi mate.

I had this on the HT-ST9.  A serious mess to be honest.  All (most) of their current soundbars are suffering this.

I just had mine in for repair. They replaced the main board. Firmware on return was very old so suspect if they have addressed the problem, it isnt going to be fixed for me as the part was old.  Unless they always load old firmware on to new parts?

Other people with the same problem...

https://www.community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/HT-NT3-and-HT-ST9-two-devices-exactly-the-sa...

https://community.sony.com/t5/Home-Theater-Products/HTNT3-PLEASE-WAIT-Message/td-p/552333

I paid just under £1100 for mine and in repair with a wide spread problem within 8months.  Outlook is not good.

chuckychu
Explorer

Has anyone find a workaround for this issue except for returning it?

Sometimes I get into the menu, whenever I go to setup, I get a webpage not available and it freezes. I'm not even able to do a factory reset.

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Clearly a part breaks on the main board. A guy on the other forum mentioned firmware being zapped by using ARC, but I don't have ARC on my TV.

Best bet is to send for repair.

I wasn't right about the firmware date on my replacement. It was still old but newer than the original one I had when I got it.

chuckychu
Explorer

Oh well, mine is just 6 months old. I wouldn't mind sending it back, but that thing is huge and heavy. 😞

Trying customer support tomorrow. Will keep you updated.

profile.country.GB.title
Skynet5-UK

Are you UK based? I say "send" I dropped it off at a service centre listed on the Sony site. Dodgy looking place...but they did the job and looked after it...it appears.