Join now - be part of our community!

Connection Diagrams

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Connection Diagrams

Hi, just a query, I was wondering if there was any wiring diagrams available to set up connections for my Sony Ultra HD Television (KD-49X8307C, My Sony STR-DN1040 AV-Receiver,my SKY HD set top Box, My Panasonic Freesat set top Box, My YouView 4K set top Box,& My Blu-Ray Box. As it is now all are connected, things are not working as they should, When I choose particular inputs on the Television Remote control, it does not react properly, it seems to select a different input. When I watch Android Apps on the Television, I cannot receive the Audio via my AV Receiver, I have to select the Television input. Prior to me contacting the seller of my Television, I thought I would enquire on this community page first, I would appreciate if any member could assist. Awaiting any response, thanking you kindly, Regards :- chinoko1948
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Normally you would connect all devices via HDMI to the AV Receiver, and the AV Receiver to the TV via HDMI.  

I am unsure on how you have connected things up so its hard to say where your issue lies.  However, my advice is to go through the HDMI Troubleshooting guide: HERE - especially the advanced part as this explains plugging each device in individually.

Also, i have to question why you need the Sky box, Freesat box and YouView box all connected to the same TV.  The Sky box would probably be sufficient, without the other two?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, Thankyou very much for your response, very interesting reading, give me time I will attempt to carry out the checks in due course, & hope for good results.I have an ARC cable installed on my system also I have optical cable installed. I did not inform I ha ve my doubt that there is a fault on my AV Receiver, I do not get proper sound from the rear speakers but that is another story. Anyway thanks once again, will do another post when I have looked in to the problems. Regards :- chinoko1948.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

If your using HDMI -ARC connection, removing to optical cable - this is not needed and only confuses the devices :wink:

Let me know how you get on anyhow.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
chinoko1948
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, Thanks for the info, will try. Regards chinoko1948