Join now - be part of our community!

Audio sync issues when watching Atmos content

profile.country.GB.title
samclarke669
New

Audio sync issues when watching Atmos content

Hi all. I hope someone can help.

I'm the owner of a BRAVIA KD55XG8796BU and a HT-ZF9 3.1 (with rear speakers)

Overall I've been super impressed but today is the first time I've properly watched Atmos content via the native Netflix app on the TV and the audio was noticeably out of sync. Annoyingly my partner didn't notice, but to me it was glaringly obvious!

I tried pressing the sync button on the soundbar remote, and "sync" flashed up on the soundbar, but nothing happened.

I'm a bit gutted, as I previously had issues with an LG tv and soundbar and I figured going all Sony might fix the problem, as I've heard people mention Bravia sync...

Does anyone have any ideas? it definitely isn't as noticeable when watching non-atmos content so not sure if that's related or not. I also have an Apple TV which is connected to the Soundbar's HDMI 1 port (then into eArc on the TV) so I might try Netflix through that and see what happens. With that, when I press Sync, I do get an option, but as I say, I hadn't watched any Atmos content previously so I didn't notice anything was wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas? It seems that since I've tried to up my audio game, I've run into problems at every hurdle! I presumed with better technology, things like lip syncing would just..work! I had to revert back to optical with my LG tv and soundbar and don't want to do that again.

Cheers in advance

Sam

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Sam, 

Welcome to the Community. 

If you contact
Sony Support about this, they should be able to assist.

Thanks,

Pascale