Join now - be part of our community!

Shoutcast not working on Gigajuke

profile.country.en_GB.title
pcamichel
Visitor

Shoutcast not working on Gigajuke

Please help.  One of our customers bought a Gigajuke about 18 months ago and he mainly uses it for Shoutcast.  This service seems to now be unsupported, leaving the customer with only Live365.  Does anyone know of any other services available or coming soon?  The customer is very unhappy.  Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
westhillman
Visitor

As Sony have put it:

Dear Sony Home Audio Product NAS-C5E/NAS-Z200iR/NAS-Z200DiR Customers,

SHOUTcast Internet Radio service is not available due to specification changes of the SHOUTcast server. However, you can still enjoy listening to Live365 Internet Radio Network.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for using Sony Home Audio Product.

Sincerely,
Sony Customer Support Team.

Of course, Sony could update their own products software, but there is no sign of them doing that.

Personally, I have purchased a (relatively) cheap and small Pure Siesta Flow which I have connected to my main audio system. The Pure radio connects to their own website which supplies a good range of radio stations, especially UK ones.

pcamichel
Visitor

Thank you for the reply.  I will inform my customer.

jassy02
Visitor

In a word "PISH". You buy things on the idea that they can be upgraded with new Software or Firmware etc but this lot never seem to come forward with any. I own Mobile,phones, E readers, TV's, AV amps and this god forsaken thing all from SONY but no more I simply refuse to purchase another SONY item, I am the Customer who chooses to vote with there feet and my money will be spent on other manufacturers from now on that do give regular updates on there kit. See ya, useless

Message was edited by: -frank-