Join now - be part of our community!

Play Memories Home Crash

profile.country.GB.title
harveywetdog
Explorer

Play Memories Home Crash

Is anyone else having problems with the latest version of play memories home on windows 8? Since the latest update all I get is "the browser stopped working". Any clues? I've asked Sony and I've uninstalled and re-installed but still the same.

8 REPLIES 8
Salikh
New

"the browser stopped working" title any time when i try start  Play Memories Home 😞 

Is it a problem of W8.1, or program bug?

profile.country.GB.title
harveywetdog
Explorer

Not sure but it has started behaving again now. Must have been a Windows issue because it had worked fine for months. All fixed thank you.

Sent from David Robinson's iPhone
Seriola
New

I have had the exact same problem. Have three times downloaded the latest software but note that there is a warning that unless win8.1 was factory installed, it may not allow Play Memories Home to function.

Just upgraded  my existing computer from Win7 to Win 8.1 and have lost several software items that no longer function. Frustrating!!!. Hopefully Sony and/or Microsoft will come up with a fix as PMH workewd just fine on Win 7.

Any suggestionsd anyone?

profile.country.GB.title
harveywetdog
Explorer

I've just checked and my version is working again now. However it is telling me a new version of PMH is available so I'm in two minds whether to update? I find PMH very useful for the initial editing of videos and for saving frames from videos.

The real frustration is the support guys just don't seem to recognise the problem and just tell you to get the PC rebuilt - not helpful!!

Same here, driving me insane - I have the new version of play memories and this is still happening - worked fine until 2 weeks ago
profile.country.en_GB.title
fretche
Explorer

I've not had/got 'exactly' the same problem with it crashing - I'm just unable to install it on a new PC that originally had Win 8.1 and is now Win 10. It is not the Win 10 update that has caused this - PMH would not run or install properly on the Win 8.1 OS.

I originally installed to the Win 8.1 unit by a 'program transfer' from a Win 7 PC and when trying to open PMH it kept stating that the "new version and database has to be updated" - went through a "progress" bar window for the database update and then didn't load PMH!? Contacting 'support'(?) was a complete waste of time.

After doing an un-install I have not been able to get the newest version (listed as v5) to install. After starting the "run" install it hangs on the "downloading installer" step. I am at a loss as to how to rectify this problem.

I still have the old Win 7 PC that it ran/runs okay on - that is now updated to Win 10 and has no issues!

StevePirie
Explorer

Have Win 7, just tried to update and getting the 'connection lost' pop up, new account didn't work either, very frustrated.

The Sony QA says connect with a cable, which I have, so thats no use either.

profile.country.GB.title
LennonMac
Explorer

When i try to make a Time Lapse Video in Play Memories Home on my Mac it Freezes up on me and i have a high Spec Imac Late 2015 Model 4.0 GHZ Intel Core i7 Processor,40GB Ram,AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB.