Join now - be part of our community!

Help from Chinese speaker needed

johns58
Explorer

Help from Chinese speaker needed

hi guys a need some help hear i bought this ( vpceb100c) second hand for my son thinking yeah nice laptop but when i got it home there was no sound from the speakers and looking deeper it has yellow exclamation marks in  device  maneger and the assit button only boots it into windows not into recovery mode

ive found out it is not a european model but supported from china and i can translate the web site

any chance of help please its a nice laptop but i need some drivers

rgards john

4 REPLIES 4
johns58
Explorer

i ment to say i can not translate the web site

johns58
Explorer

can anyone give me a link to download vaio udate prorgam  or is it spacific to the modle only

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Did you not see my final reply to your initial post?

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/pcg-712111t-vpceb100c/m-p/2023132#M135585

Vaio Update is Operating System specific but possibly not model specific - not sure on that. You will find the Vaio Update software for the vpceb series under 'Software' - you will need to expand all available by clicking the + button.

There may be dependencies so there is no guarantee that this software will function correctly without installing all drivers and Utilities for the particular model.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
johns58
Explorer

hi Rich yeah sorry i did see ure last post and downloaded the sofware packs but with no joy i also contacted sony support and they have directed me to the china web site i did reply to them saying that i could not translate the web site into english

and they kindly replied with they cannot supply and drivers or specification as they do not have access to it

as i said it is a nice laptop its the i5 vertion that was what got me intrested in it and why i bought it i now need to do some research on this it has become a chalange

i own a few sony bits of sony kit and should have rememberd how the sony corparation work in getting info for your problems  and iam getting frustrated knowing the answers are out there but i can seem to get to them

any many thanks to you for keeping the belife alive that it just might be possible

john