Join now - be part of our community!

Reader doesn't let me buy a book

profile.country.en_GB.title
janydodds
Visitor

Reader doesn't let me buy a book

Have a PRS-650, and have bought one book. Now trying to buy another in Reader's Book Store and get error message in each book shop ....sony.co.uk/eblpanel 6 Application not found, and when clicking on the free books store the same error comes up, but the preface is a huge long stream of characters after the ....sony.co.uk/

I've uninstalled Reader, and reinstalled everything from the PRS-650, but no joy. My thsi is all enormously frustrating. I eventually got through to the Waterstones eReader help line, only to be told to ring Sony's help line, whose advice was to re-install the software.

This is a vicious cirle designed to drive us all mad.

Any help from those wiser than I would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Drumzman
New

Hi janydodds

Mmmm ... interesting one this.  At the risk of repeating advice you've already had, it does sound like there's a problem with the software.  The only thing I think I'd be tempted to try that's different is reinstalling the software directly from the Sony support website rather than by connecting your PRS-650 to do this.  That way you can check out to see if the links in the Reader Library software to the bookstores work before connecting the PRS-650.

So, uninstall Reader Library using the add/remove program facility in your computer's Control Panel and then if you follow this link you'll be able to download the latest version of Reader Library (under Downloads).

http://support.sony-europe.com/computing/prs/prs.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&m=PRS-650

If the links to the bookstores work again, then you can try buying another book before connecting your PRS-650 to transfer it.

One word of caution, if you have to authorise your computer again (for any copyrighted books that you may want to buy), then make sure you use the same user ID and password as originally (so that it matches your Reader and you can still transfer copyright protected eBooks to it).  If you want to check what user ID you used, then before you uninstall Reader Library, click on Help at the top and select 'About Reader Library' - under the bit that says "This Computer is authorized for Adobe DRM protected content" will be the user ID you used (usually your e-mail address).

Not sure if this will work, but perhaps worth a try ...

janydodds
Visitor

Thanks Drumzman,

Have already tried your suggestion, unfortunately, without the same error occured. Will try Sony support line again today, and will report back on result.