Join now - be part of our community!

Buying e-books?

profile.country.es_ES.title
noflowe
Visitor

Buying e-books?

My daughter gave me a Sony Reader for Christmas last year.   All went well initially then I was notified that "with immediate effect" I could no longer purchase from this site.   I have tried other suppliers without success.   Seems the prob is that whilst I have a UK bank account and debit card I do not have a UK address.   Is there any site that sells to Europe, never mind worldwide?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_ES.title
r0ger43
Visitor

I have the same problem and Sony has so far not replied with a sensible answer. Waterstones seem to be unable to supply books as they have done since I purchased my eReader last year. I thought we were in the EU and goods should be able to be moved from state to state with NO hindrance. I paid the Waterstone price and expected they in turn  would pay any necessary taxes and dues. Seems they have backed out of this.

What can we do if Sony cannot supply an answer?????

profile.country.es_ES.title
noflowe
Visitor

I have now managed to speak to a Sony representative.   "It is the booksellers agreement with the publishers"!!

I asked if Sony were going to do anything about it  and was told there is nothing they can do.   So my Sony Reader is useless and they don´t seem to care.

profile.country.GB.title
SteveF48
New

You don't say which country you live in, so it's difficult to answer your question.

Have you tried buying ebooks from booksellers in your country?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Bigears
Visitor

Have a look at Project Gutenberg on the  net, there's oodle of free stuff there that's out of copyright but well worth a read.