Join now - be part of our community!

Can I charge my Cybershot DSC-W110 using only the usb connection when I have no battery left?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rowly14
Visitor

Can I charge my Cybershot DSC-W110 using only the usb connection when I have no battery left?

lost charger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi rowly, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You can use the AC adaptor to charge the battery while it's in the camera, but a normal USB socket doesn't provide enough power. It's ok for charging low-powered kit like phones, MP3 players etc but larger devices such as cameras run on around 2-3 times the voltage and usually need an AC adaptor.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi rowly, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You can use the AC adaptor to charge the battery while it's in the camera, but a normal USB socket doesn't provide enough power. It's ok for charging low-powered kit like phones, MP3 players etc but larger devices such as cameras run on around 2-3 times the voltage and usually need an AC adaptor.

Cheers

Mick

rogerox
New

Can I charge a DSC-W180 using the cable and AC adaptor which came with my new DSC-W800 ? 

The DSC-W180 belongs to another member of the family, and its charger (if it had one) and cable have been lost. But the W800 cable fits into it.  It's just a question of if it can be charged that way. 

Thanks for any advice you can give.