Join now - be part of our community!

A7SII HDMI Output No 30P!!

JMenzen
New

A7SII HDMI Output No 30P!!

Two major flaws im finding with the camera which could quite easily be fixed with firmware updates are i) HDMI 30P output and ii) Camera setup quick recall.

i)  I record to an Atmos Shogun.  Recently i was at CES2016 filming at events.  Due to the US electrical frquency it would be a no brainer to shoot at NTSC 30fps with a shutter of 1/60.  However the camera does not output via HDMI at 30fps.  Only 24P and 60P which result in lighting flicker as there is no shutter control at these speeds. THIS IS A MUST HAVE FIX if you shoot at events in the USA.

ii) I like to flick between filming clips and taking photos.  Wouldn't it be logical to at least be able to save my camera setups so i can recall them quickly via the Custom buttons?  Having to change settings like 16:9 to 3:2 and colour profiles on off each time become very time consuming and then i miss the shot.  A simple recall between each mode would shave off that time so i can capture moments moreoften and do the job i love.

Please can we have these fixes in future firmware updates.

Thanks

Regards

J.Menzen

1 REPLY 1
ziyayusuf
New

A7Sii HDMI output do not support 25fps on 1080p directly,also,but you can get 50fps 1080p, its a kind of slow motion we do not want.You can downgrade 1080p/50 fps to 25 on pp bu its not good.The only way is you go 4k first and downgrade it on pp to 1080 p/25fps but we do not want it,because it demands more time,storage,hardware support.