Join now - be part of our community!

Video Editing Software

profile.country.GB.title
Philip2807
New

Video Editing Software

I have recently bought an FDR-AX700 camcorder.  I am not an experienced video editor and would appreciate some guidance as to the easiest, most intuitive video editing software that can handle XAVC S and 5.1 sound but can also write the finished video to Blu-Ray disc for playing on Blu Ray players.

I intend to make videos of my favourite walks for so nothing too complex.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.SE.title
keha76
Explorer

BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve should do the trick, it's a free download also.

profile.country.GB.title
Jallymquis
New

I have a Sony FDR-AX43, it's great for capturing walks and casual outings, and it has excellent image stabilization and 4K recording.

For video editing, I've been using Movavi. It's simple and intuitive, with features like automatic transition mode and AI background removal that save me a ton of time.

profile.country.GB.title
ElaineLeonard
New

If you're still looking for some easy-to-use video editing software that can handle XAVC S and 5.1 sound, you might want to check out Adobe Premiere Elements or professional video editing software Sony Vegas Movie Studio. They should be able to handle what you need without being too complicated. And when it comes to burning your finished video onto a Blu-Ray disc, both of these software should have that option available. Give them a try and see which one you like best

profile.country.GB.title
Noscere
Explorer

I have yet to find a better suite than the offering by called Filmora, by Wondershare.

I use Wondehare Filmora 9 (I believe there are newer versions available now).

I googled and here's their official website:

https://filmora.wondershare.net/filmora9-video-editor/mobile.html (Sorry I'm replying using smartphone, so thats the mobile-friendly version of the page.) You did not say what OS you're using, I presumed windows, but they offer a mac version too, if you're one of those style-over-substance kind of consumer. 😮🙄😂

When I got that, back in 2020-21 (during lockdown) it was 60-day free trial. A lot of the features remained even after the trial expired! I have found their version 9 to be so good I haven't bothered clicking the "upgrade" button! Mainly out of fear that too much will have changed; I'm a creature of habit — a by-product of my ASD no doubt 😂.

Good luck and happy hunting/trialing!