Join now - be part of our community!

Youtube 2.0 - Terrible performance - massive cpu usage?

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Youtube 2.0 - Terrible performance - massive cpu usage?

Anyone noticed this, specifically when watching 4k60. The load on the cpu is so much higher than the native app.

Do Google actually give a crap about the Android TV platform?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes, pretty much known, see here. The player is already struggling at 1080p60 on Sony. Google hasn't been doing anything so far. Reported it via YouTube Android TV feedback.

If you also report something, please don't copy my stuff but use your own words. Posting exactly the same text over and over again won't help I suppose.

Risc0n schrieb:

Do Google actually give a crap about the Android TV platform?

We have to face the truth. Android TV is a totally insignificant TV platform. Sony and Philips both have hardly any market share. The rest of the game is a console (SHIELD) and some also underwhelming cheap Chinese boxes.

profile.country.BR.title
sonyfan0012

What?

Sony is still a Major Player.

it is the 3th most sold tv on ASIA. India, China, Australia.

All of them buy Sony by tre millions.

In south america, sony is #1, world wide Sony is #4.

how come sony is not relevant??

People try to put these new brands upward. TCL, VIZIO, and such.

But they are puny close to what Sony still is.

In the industry, for the industry, there is only the 3. LG, Samsung, and Sony.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Global TV Market Share

I think that Google has other market share figures in mind. And if it goes on like that, Android TV might go down the drain just like Google TV did.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

All I know is that, according to the number of YouTube for Android TV installations in Google Play, there aren't even 10 million Android TV users (since YouTube should be on every Android TV platform). That number shouldn't count people with an Android TV device that didn't add a Google account, though.