Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad remote broken after factory reset

chrgray

Touchpad remote broken after factory reset

TV is a KD-65X8509C - Android TV.

A very serious bug, which I'd be interested if anyone else can re-produce. This is the second TV that this has failed on in the last week.

Do a Factory Reset in Settings.  You'll then find that the touchpad remote no longer works.  Even if you try pairing the touchpad remote in settings, it just isn't recognised by the TV.  I press the Volume- and Voice buttons for 3 seconds, but nothing.

Anyone know how to re-enable the touchpad remote to work?  And is there anything else that doing a Factory Reset breaks?

5 REPLIES 5
chrgray

I see that I'm not alone 😞

http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd65x9305c-touchpad-remote-not-connecting/m-p/1995052

Does this mean I'm going to have to return the TV for a second time?  And does doing a factory reset ALWAYS break the touch remote?

chrgray

Okay, Sony got back to me with a fix.

Here's some helpful advice to Sony.  Tell your major retails (eg John Lewis) about this.  I've already returned one TV as faulty because the Touchpad Remote stopped working.  I was about to arrange getting the replacement returned as well, when it occured to me that the factory reset might have caused the problem.  If John Lewis Technical Department knew about this they could have saved a fortune in having to send a replacement TV hundreds of miles, and then sending another van sometime in the future to collect the broken TV.

Or even better, put something in the manual telling you what to do after a factory reset.  Or even something in the HELP system on the TV.

RonTBB
New

Hi from the Netherlands,

Bought the same set yesterday, did the factory reset and guess what ..... touchpad died.

No matter what I tried, the thing is busted.

Cheers,

RonTTB.

adyjay33

You need to pair it again... if that does not work make sure the bluetooth is turned on.

I notice the 2016 models only have one remote, why cant they do the same for the 2015 models?

Bloody stupid!

KD-55X8509C LATEST FIRMWARE
NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!
chrgray

You'll have to do more than just pair it again.  Bookmark this full procedure for future reference.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/article/68153