3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@tomcourtney 

How much are you prepared to spend?

Narrow down a range from between £150 and £30,000

What physical constraints do you have?

Pick a level of domestic intrusiveness between an all-in-one soundbar, soundbar plus subwoofer, or AV unit with 3.1 front speakers, 5.1 with rears (selecting wired or WiFi), and 7.1 with Atmos height units also.

Anything else we should consider?

Is your TV stand or wall mounted? Do you have a colour/veneer preference for the kit? And anything else you can think of that would help us narrow down our suggestions?

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
tomcourtney
Explorer

Sorry if my garbled reply doesn't make sense 

All questions that have been bouncing around my head...

Lived on a boat for ten years without a tv, back on land now and the market is so complicated.

Cant afford to get it wrong as I am retired now so I am hoping to find someone who has this tv and has improved the sound.

The Sony ag9 screen is the speaker and they claim is that a soundbar is not necessary but it has wired connectors for side speakers when the screen will act as centre speaker.

I liked the reviews on a pair of Sonos Fives but how will the AG9 perform with them? Sonos are wireless so will the AG9 connect with them and how will the screen speaker adapt?

Then I seen a review that said that there is a noticeable lag on vocals so lip sync is a problem.... back to square one!

Wall mounted tv

Black speakers predominantly

Dolby atmosphere compatibility 

1000 to 1500 pounds (just noticed I have a $ instead of a pound symbol on my MacBook Air 2019)

Would like a 7.1 system but probably can't afford it so maybe 2 quality side speakers and maybe a subwoofer

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@tomcourtney 

For a pair of side speakers, I think you will need wired for the TV to recognise what is happening. A pair of Q Acoustics 3030i s would fit the bill, for £330; and they have smaller brothers, the 3020i and 3010i s, at £250 and £200, or better, respectively.

And they have an active sub for £180.

But no surround, and no Atmos there.

£1000-1500 will get you a top Soundbar, including the £1200 Sony HT-ST5000 with Atmos included, now down to £999 at Sevenoaks Sound.

For a full speaker system, I would suggest a Denon AVR-X2700H £600, the Q Acoustics 3010i 5.1 speaker pack at £600, and the PSB Imagine XA Atmos speakers at £279 to come in as an Atmos enabled 7.1 system at £1479 all told.

OK, you might need a few cables, and maybe £21 won’t quite cover those, but you can certainly do what you want, at whatever level, on that budget, or close to it.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…