Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar not working till 16:50 each day!

profile.country.GB.title
redbreva
Explorer

Soundbar not working till 16:50 each day!

I have a HT-MT500 soundbar connected via ARC HDMI to my KD49XG8096BU TV, and a Sky Q box.

I use the Sky remote to power up the box and the TV, which then wakes up the soundbar, and all is well in the world - as long as it is after 10 to 5 in the afternoon!!

If I switch the TV on at any time in the day before then (OK, after 08:00 - never tried switching it on any earlier), there is no sound, and I have to use the TV remote to change the sound settings from Audio to TV, I then get sound from the TV speakers, and then at 16:50 the soundbar suddenly starts working, and the TV automatically switches back over!!!

I have tried resets on both TV and SOundbar, but nothing seems to make any difference, and TBH I don't even know if it's a TV or Soundbar problem...

Any suggestions / solutions ??

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @redbreva,

I think that is a combination of two factors.

Factor 1: You have the night-mode activated. You can deactivate it on your remote by pressing the button "Night".

Factor 2: The timezone the soundbar is set to differs from your timezone or the date/time is set wrong which triggers the night mode at the wrong hours and also switches it off at the wrong time.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@redbreva 

Besides @IamNic ‘s good advice, also try rebooting your router, and checking that it doesn’t have any time slots set when certain devices can’t be used, typically for restricting children’s usage to certain hours only.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
redbreva
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the suggestions,

However, I have just checked and Night Mode was not activated, and my Timezone is set correctly for UK time...

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
redbreva
Explorer

Hi @royabrown2 ,

Again good suggestions, that I have checked - the router is at the latest firmware version (no updates in last few months), and I have not configured any time of day settings at all on there, the time of day & the timezone are also correct on the router.