Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-43W756C refuses to turn on..

Wdp1234
Explorer

Sony KDL-43W756C refuses to turn on..

Hello

Has anyone with there 2015 sony tv's had the problem that even though you used the tv x amount of minutes go or it's the first use of the day, the tv randomly refuses to respond to any remote and turn on. 

I've had turn it off at the wall, which jump starts the tv back to life via a reboot. When are they going to fix these tv's once and for all so were trouble shooting them every 2nd or 3rd use?!?

thank you

6 REPLIES 6
maikapas
Explorer

dont allow me to remove "me too"!

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

Yes mine did this once about 2 weeks ago so far it's been the one and only time it's done that, I pressed and held the power button down on the remote for about 5 seconds and it came back to life, it must of done a reboot as I saw the android logo when it came back on, I have only seen that screen the first time I turned the TV on and when it refused to turn on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have a KDL-43W805C and had this same problem about an hour ago.  Whilst watching TV, all of the sudden the TV switched itself off and would not come back on again.  Even after switching the power off from the wall and switching it on again... Nothing.  All other devices connected to the TV powered on. 

Removed all connections to the tv HDMI, Aerials and even the power lead for a minute then only connected the power lead and aerial back, then the TV switched back on again.  Reconnected HDMI leads and now all is working again.

Hope this helps others experiencing this issue.

Cheers

maikapas
Explorer

Hi guys, 

I have 43W805C (I think 43W756C + 3D). It takes 5 seconds to turn on/off. 

is it the same case with everyone? 

Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

Yes every time after leaving over-night EVEN though I have a 24 hour standby. Look under power setting  and make sure yours insn't powering off after 4 hours.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maikapas yes the delay in switching off/on is very frustrating, with many times ive pressed the power button a couple of times, soinstead of switching it off, ive switched it back on again.