Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD55S8505C brought my network to it's knees

profile.country.GB.title
skinner413
New

Sony KD55S8505C brought my network to it's knees

Just a note to the community to let you all know what happened to me over the last few days.  

I have a quite quite complicated home network with two wifi networks, 11 ip cameras and a dozen or so devices that use the internet either wifi or hard wired. 

Over the last few days my network has been erratic dropping off or having no connectivity at all. So yesterday I decided to grab the bulls by the horns and get it sorted.  After 2 hours trouble shooting disconnecting and reconnecting the miriad of switches that make up my network I finally identify that it is my TV that is causing the network to crash.

Quite simply when the tv was connected to the network via Ethernet the whole network died. It was bizarre.  I have had a problem with the TV rebooting itself whist I am watching it so I discovered an article on fixing this with a hard reset.  I completed the reset, held my breath and plugged the Ethernet cable back into the tv and voila! everything worked perfectly.

I would never have thought that it would have been a 12 month old TV that was the problem but it was.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your problem sound very much like this one:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/tv-causing-internet-router-to-lock-up-all-connections/m-p...

Glad the factory reset seems to have solved it.

Cheers