Join now - be part of our community!

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU judder and lip-sync problems on Disney+ and Amazon Prime only

profile.country.GB.title
daveybuntu
Explorer

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU judder and lip-sync problems on Disney+ and Amazon Prime only

Sony BRAVIA KD49XG9005BU bought in Sep 2019.

For some time now (I can't recall when).  When watching content using both the built-in Disney+ and Prime Video apps, there is judder or frame-skipping every 8-10 seconds.  Amazon Prime also has a slight lip-sync issue at same time.

Netflix, BBC Iplayer, Youtube, Plex, Google Play etc.... are all absolutely fine.. No problems at all. 

This relates to Amazon and Disney plus only.

It's extremely frustrating and verging on unwatchable.

Has anyone found similar issues, or even better... found a solution?

All firmware/apps fully up to date... TV is hardwired to ADSL router.  I have Chromecast sticks on other TVs in the house and these have no such issues.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
daveybuntu
Explorer

Update - have spoken with Amazon support (not very helpful) and Disney support (slightly more helpful).  Both are blaming the TV.  There is however clearly a compatibility issue between their apps and this TV.  Maybe it is exclusively the TV where the problem lies, but it goes not way to explain why all other streaming apps, bar these two, work perfectly.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey daveybuntu, what's the software version of this TV? Also, have you tried a simple power cycle by unplugging everything for two minutes?

profile.country.GB.title
daveybuntu
Explorer

I have tried the usual first-line support remedies.

Software version of the apps and the TV are all current.

Hard restart / power cycled.

Factory reset carried out.

Clearing cache and data carried out.

Uninstall and reinstall of the affected apps.

ADSL at 36Mpbs, hard wired to router.

Tried WiFi at 5GHz.

Also tried wireless connection via hotspot.

Rebooted and factory reset router.

I have essentially, by a process of elimination concluded this is a compatibility issue between these particular apps and the TV. Even if there is a hardware problem, there must still be something these two apps do, which Netflix and BBC iPlayer and Google, for example, don't do.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey daveybuntu, If I were you, I would contact Sony support, there might be something else happening.