Join now - be part of our community!

Six Month Old 55" 4K, TERRIBLE Customer Services

racmoat
New

Six Month Old 55" 4K, TERRIBLE Customer Services

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Sony 55X8509CBU from a popular electrical store in January of this year. I was subsequently woken up repeatedly (it's a bedroom television) by the backlights randomly switching on through the night and then back off... up to dozens of times a night. As it was wired directly into the mains, there was little I could do.

The electrical store agreed to exchange it - I had to foot the bill for it to be uninstalled and then the new one installed.

Fast forward to the next fault - almost immediately the new television started clicking. I tried to put up with it, but it was coming from the workings of the tv and clearly audible over any programme/ film.

Again, at a cost to myself, I organised for an electrician to come and check the installation. I was assured the fault is once again, the tv.

I contacted Sony expecting great customer services. I couldn't have been more wrong. I spoke to a guy called Omar and the language barrier was frustrating to say the least. I had to repeat every answer up to four times, and was asked the same questions over and over again. He had me adjusting speaker settings, resetting them over and over, despite me telling him repeatedly that the sound is coming from the internal workings of the tv, not some speaker setting!

He assured me at the end of the call that he'd be in touch to let me know when someone from the repair centre would be out to fix it.

Instead I've had two emails - the first asked for my address and postcode, which I gave him. The second email asked for the exact same thing, as well as a photograph of the back of the television (it's 55" and installed on a wall mount, which he was aware of), a photograph of the receipt, and the serial number (which I've already given him).

It seems like they're deliberately trying to make things awkward, purposefully trying to make me jump through hoops in the hope I give up. I'm seriously surprised that a brand like Sony has such poor customer services!

Has anyone else experienced the clicking sound from their television?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The only 'clicking' sound that I can remember is @MiCal1967 post :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/android-bravia-kd-55x8508c-problems/m-p/2084846#M38903

Never the less, im escalating this thread to Sony Support and will request they get a handle of your case.

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

Hi Quinnicus

This sound remains the same. Temperature is also high. Sometimes, usually afternoon I cannot even touch.

If it was plastic frame or other plastic eg insulation sheet, I believe this should have stopped.

Maybe this is metal e.g. Heat Sinks or Plate on sheet thermal for IC's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MiCal1967

I wonder if the heat on the latest TVs are anything to do with the 'thin-ness' of them.  Then you have the XD93 series, who some complain of 'bending' - but then, they also run quite warm/hot too.

So, your still getting that clicking noise?

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@Anonymous

Yes clicking noise still exist. Holds less time though.

I don't think this is the thin-ness but the way the heat is dissipated in enviroment. Should be Upwards. And this is not fully done.

IC's can perform OK at very high temperatures if there is some help from heat sink or ventilation.

I had read that Sony had called back some TVs in the past(I think 2010) because of Overheat.

Have a look at this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2011-10-12/sony-starts-recall-of-1-6-million-bravia-televisions

It was for 2007

WBeetison
Explorer

Hi, i had a similar awful and infuriating experience with Sonys total lack of customer service, around 8 emails asking for the same thing and constantly being told its been escalated and then no response.

Here is my thread; 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/faulty-sony-55x8005-and-poor-customer-service/td-p/22200...

interesting though how someones popped into your thread and offered assistance yet no one bothered in mine really despite me posting proof of the issue.

If its less than 6 months old they can repair it and/or replace it, youve had both done i would get a refund and then buy a different TV.

Anyway hope you get it sorted mate.