Join now - be part of our community!

Registering Amazon Prime video

profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

Registering Amazon Prime video

Tv: KD43XE7002

i have an Amazon Prime account but when I click on the Prime App on the Home Screen, I am being asked to start a 30 day free trial but I already have an account. How do I get a code to activate the app on my TV as Amazon tells me that. Code should appear. I am a bit confused. Hope you can help

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Joelewes 

IIRC, you have to go onto your Amazon account in a browser, on phone, tablet or computer, using a particular URL that is shown on the TV screen.

This will then give you a code, which you type in on the TV.

Then it knows who you are, and logs you in.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

Thanks for the reply. No URL appears on screen. Where exactly do I find it?  Sorry to be a pain!

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Joelewes 

Start by having a read of:-

https://www.sony-mea.com/en/electronics/support/articles/00166799

profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

Hi

I have just found out the my tv is “Linux” and not Android. As such I don’t think there is any way to either download or delete Apps. Is this the case?  If so I will have to persevere with the Firestick I have which is pretty poor at streaming love shows like rugby. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Joelewes 

So it is! We should banish you to ‘Other’ then, not ‘Android’ 😛

But if you could start the Amazon app on your TV, as you said you could, then it must be there, so you don’t have to worry about the fixed set of apps, as it’s one of them.

It’s just that you can’t get it working.....

Do what I did, and look up what to do on the web, except for Linux Sony TVs, not Android ones. Though the details in the link I gave might well work anyway; have you tried them?

profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

You are quite right!  I blindly assumed that my tv was Android so apologies. Your suggestion didn’t work so I will search in the Linux pages. By the way Amazon Prime Video does work on my tv BUT it is expecting me to start another subscription- when I already have one. 

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Joelewes 

I am sure if you look carefully you will see that it is also inviting those who already have an Amazon subscription just to log in, without re-registering.

As we now know your TV is Linux, I have handcrafted you a Google search which goes:-

‘Enter Amazon account details on Sony Linux TV’*

and which leads to:-

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00169780

as well as:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000760583

Curiously, Amazon talk about registering first with Sony Essentials, though Sony don’t.

You should be able to get somewhere with one or other approach, though, as neither assumes your TV is Android.

*Most people overthink internet searches. Big mistake. If you looked at what I chose to search with and went “Well, that’s a bit bloody obvious”, my work is done 😛

profile.country.GB.title
Joelewes

Hi

i really do appreciate the help you are giving me but ....

the first link you sent me asks me to register with Sony Essentials. So far so good. However, to register it is asking for a registration code for my product. When you click on it the only options are to register an blu ray player of AV receiver. It does not mention a tv. 

the second link you sent me for the Amazon site comes up with screen examples which are just not available on my tv. 

so, no solution yet, I am afraid. Any more guidance would be much appreciated. 
regrads

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I have used a Sony linux TV to watch prime but its always been the sign in screen and then get a code on your account. 

What happens if you go through the trial dialogue with your existing account email?