Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with TV or remote control and POOR Sony support

profile.country.en_GB.title
srg2712
New

Problems with TV or remote control and POOR Sony support

I purchased a new Sony KD-55XD8005 TV in March of this year and to date have had MANY problems with either the TV or the remote control, the problem being that VERY frequently the remote control is unresponsive, pressing a function button often does not work especially when trying to change the input, at times after pressing a button it can take up to 30 seconds for the tv to react (if it does actually react), sometimes I have to press a button many times for a response.

I have changed the batteries in the remote and also reset the tv but without any improvement.

I have emailed customer support twice in the past 6 weeks without the courtesy of a response.

May patience is running out and I am considering returning the tv to the supplier and exchanging it for a tv from a different manufacturer.

Any thoughts on my experiences or other help would be very much appreciated.

Stephan.

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @srg2712

Sorry to hear you've had problems getting this sorted :disappointed:

Have you been in touch with the supplier of the TV?

That should always be the first port of call.

(I wonder at least if they could swap a remote for you to test.)

Also have you tried contacting Sony Support by phone?

+44 (0) 2073652810

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

If you have any other Sony television try to use their remote. They should be all compatible. If you still have issues something might be wrong with the InfraRed sensor.  Otherwise try installing Video & TV Sideview in your Android or iOS phone/tablet. It has a TV remote control working via WiFi. if you still have issues with that (as in it's sloow) something could be wrong in the television. Just be aware that these televisions with Android can lag quite a bit, though. I wait even 10 seconds sometime for the volume bar to appear afer changing volume.. The volume changes immediately, though.

profile.country.GB.title
philicibine
Explorer

I am having similar issues with my remote and my kd49x8309c.  To the point where my remote now no longer works at all.

It was sporadically working and then not working.  Now it just doesn't.

I am also experiencing the same POOR support from Sony.  In that they have escalated the issue 4 times and it has been a month and I am still sitting here looking at a partially working TV that I paid a lot of money for.

All Sony keep telling me is we are looking into it.  Well I'm about ready to return it too.  This has been a long month!  

Maybe if Sony thinks it is software causing the issue they could give us an ETA as to when it will be fixed?!  It's not too much to ask is it. 

eaton777
New

I bought a Sony KD49XD8077 in January of this year and i am having the same problems to the point that more and more regularly I can’t even scroll down the channels when viewing the Freeview listings effectively making the TV useless.

I have rebooted the TV and also change the batteries but the fault is intermittent with no apparent obvious cause.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated otherwise I think it may need to be returned due to not being fit for purpose.

A TV that you can’t reliably change channels on is about as big a problem as you can get with a TV!

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi there

I have this issue too occasionally. KD-55X8508C

This is an issue from the past. Happened on a previous firmware almost a year ago. They solved but now this is back.

This a serious example about what goes wrong with Sony.

They are circulating issues. This means nothing else but disqualification. They are not professionals.

Try clearing your apps cache from Settings - Storage & reset - Internal storage - Cached data

and clear data from as many system apps you can from Settings - Apps - System app. Then reboot.

Might solve for a while. Solves for me.

profile.country.GB.title
philicibine
Explorer

Have done all you suggested and more previously.  Even a full reset and wipe of everything hasn't cured it.

Massive ol paperweight in my lounge 😐

profile.country.GB.title
deako31
Explorer

I too had similar problems with my Sony KD-49XE8396, so I decided to ring the store from where I purchased it, (Curry’s PC World) after speaking to a technician who talked me through an easy fix.

1st Take the batteries out of the remote then hold the power button down for 20 seconds replace batteries, this gets rid of the static

2nd unplug the TV from the socket and take out all of the attached cables i.e. HDMI, USB, Ariel and anything else, then hold down the power button for 20 seconds replace cables and plug TV in, this gets rid of the static in the TV.

I did this 2 weeks ago around 07/11/17 and up to now everything has been fine.

Hope this helps

profile.country.en_GB.title
srg2712
New

My thanks for your excellent advice, it is very much appreciated.
profile.country.CZ.title
jarhom
New

Me too with sony bravia KD-55XE9005, which i i bought TV february.

this problem started  about 1 month ago.

jarek