Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with brand new KDL-43W807C

SOLVED
aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Problems with brand new KDL-43W807C

Hi,

I've bought brand new Sony KDL-43W807C and installed it without a problem, but it seems there are some issues. I've Virgin Tivo box, which I connected to the TV via HDMI cable. It shows my normal Virgin Media channels on input HDMI 1. So far so good, but when I try to enable YouView it can't detect any services, so I am stuck only with BBC Iplayer. I can't access ITV Player, or 4oD etc. I am not a techie, but managed to sail through various PCs and TVs without major issues. I've tried many things with that Bravia, but I just can't fix it. I feel the problem isn't that serious, but just can't find a solution. Can you please help me? Is the problem with the Tivo box, or some settings, or do I need some extra cables?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
aleksandraeleven
Explorer

Just to report, I've bought Curry's £4.99 indoor aerial and it worked. After the installation of YouView you could remove the aerial and it will work alright, but the next day you will need to plug it in again, because the players won't work otherwise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool.   Thanks for the update.  At least it works, even though you will need to keep it connected.

Cheers