Join now - be part of our community!

New Television with Several Issues, help- KD55X8509CBU

DB9506
New

New Television with Several Issues, help- KD55X8509CBU

Purchased a 55X8509CBU from John Lewis on Thursday having have a Samsung H6400 before it. 

Having some issues with the Sony that I would be obliged for some direction with:-

1. Digital TV tuner will find only 20 channels.  The Samsung found over 160.  I've tried rebooting the Sony several times and also searched for channels 3 times with the same outcome.
  2. Occasionally the sound is out of syn with the image;
  3. The media player does not seem very good as any files (divx, mpeg, avi, etc) can be read however once the files are played the image stutters badly and the playback is unwatchable.  The files are played from a HDD.

Are the above major issues requiring a return to John Lewis?  Or are they related to the Firmware?  The firmware was updated last night with the same upshot and the problems remain.

Not a good start for life with a Sony Bravia at this stage......................

Any insightful advice appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Pavvy8

try pressing and holding the on/off button for 10 seconds for an internal power cycle. ive tried this and it fixed the lip-syncing issue and hopefully may solve ur other 2 issues as well 

profile.country.GB.title
ironhammer66
Explorer

thanks for that useful tid bit, i was looking around for a problem i was experiencing with my 3D glasses and another Sony TV.  the problem was that they had worked two days ago perfectly, but today they just wouldnt work at all, then the TV seemed to lose 3D settings altogether, pulling the power cable out and reattaching got it partially working, but your suggestion of holding the power button down for 10 secs did the trick, thank you!!!!

Pavvy8

you're welcome, that trick looks like it solves a lot of those small weird issues that are occuring with the new android tvs