Join now - be part of our community!

KDL43W755C Youview

profile.country.GB.title
Fernando44
Explorer

KDL43W755C Youview

Hi people, I have a question I hope you can help me with. I got a new television, a Sony Bravia W755C and I am bit lost.. Anybody could tell me how to get access to youview? It supposses to built in the television but there is no way to find any "icon", "app" or whatever thing is need to access to it.. 

Many thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Fernando

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
johayne98

Same Problem here 

I have the Sony X8307C 4K android TV  , Youview is on the included  brochure yet nowhere to be found on tv interface , perhaps there is a delay 

Even Youview themselves have published release notes here http://www.youview.com/news/2015/02/03/demand-more-from-your-tv-with-sony-and-youview/

What is going on sony ?

Anyone got it yet ? 

crdonel
Explorer

same here onmy new 4K TV

Sort it out Sony - we need to know whats going on!!!

JohnFMcDermott
Explorer

I haved a KD-43X8309C and was promised that YouView would be via a firmware upgrade at the beginning of August - since then the Sony quoted the end of August

- Not been back to the shop since but still no YouView

At the end of September, I will return the set for a refund should this not materialise

profile.country.GB.title
Fernando44
Explorer

I am so dissapointed with this product.. Really good image quality, but just that. This tv is not a very smart tv.. Let's see if Sony can update the firmware before the 21st of September.

fayezs
Explorer

Manually checked for an update, tried restarting the TV, etc. to no avail. Still no update. What's going on SONY!?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ajones02
Explorer

Bought KD-55X8509C 3 weeks ago      NO Youview or Demand services only BBC iPlayer

Sent the following email to Sony support a few days ago still no reply so much for aftercare

Hi
having searched the forums and not found an answer I have contacted you directly. The TV I purchased recently should have Youview on it with the Ondemand services but the only service on it is BBC iPlayer there is no sign of Youview or any of the Ondemand apps ie 4od or 5demand etc. I have checked and my firmware is up to date my question is do I need a digital terrestial aerial signal to receive these services or are they streamed in on the internet connection through a Sony channel ? I have searched the Google play store and don't see apps for them so I am assuming that Youview and the Apps come directly from Sony. Thank you for your help
regards
Andy

profile.country.GB.title
Fernando44
Explorer

Hi Andy, I went to the shop other day to ask about the youview thing.. what
they told me is that a new firmware update should be released by the end of
the month.. it means today. Also, I was told that the tv has to be
connected to the aerial in order to be able to see all the channels through
youview.. I don´t man.. I think that Sony is a great brand, but they are
not doing very well with this. Let´s see what happens today
profile.country.en_GB.title
ajones02
Explorer

Hi Fernando44

thank you for the reply and the information. I was hoping that you would be able to pick up the service on an internet stream to save me putting up an aerial. I will wait to see what happens then, checked earlier but no firmware updates as yet

regards

Andy

SonyTV.Drumoig
Explorer

I understood, all Youview terestrial was through ariel, only add on packages came through internet.

That's certainly how the TalkTalk youview box works