Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W800C with duplicate/triplicate Featured Apps

cflynn233
Explorer

KDL-55W800C with duplicate/triplicate Featured Apps

The laundry list of issues with this TV is getting longer by the week and I'm none too happy with it right now.  Aside from some of the other common problems...

First, the TV decided to get possessed and turn on whenever it wants to...most of the time playing Pandora behind a black screen in the dark of night.  I've ensured that remote turn on is off and that the firmware is up to date, but it keeps happening anyway.  Even did a full reset to no avail.

Then Pandora decided to go from first in my list of "My Apps" and to nearly last in the unorganized list of "Featured" apps...way at the end of nearly 30 of those.  I liked it front and center.  

Finally, my Featured Apps (of which 90% are not to my liking) now including doubles and triples of some applications...causing the list to grow in width.  Some of the duplicates don't even respond or open.

Any ideas?

I've researched the auto turn-on issue and that's not fixed, even after a master reset, and have read about removing the Featured Apps altogether....but in doing so will I lose access to the Featured apps that I DO want, like Netflix, Pandora and some others that are now in the list?

20170928_210018.jpg

20170928_210011.jpg

20170928_210002.jpg

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

Do a reset of the system! Looks like a firmware bug :slight_smile: