Join now - be part of our community!

KD43XE8005 4k problems

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
Imumbo
Explorer

KD43XE8005 4k problems

Bought this Bravia TV just 3 month ago, and after no problems at all in the beginning I now wonder why the remote control has become so irritatingly slow. It takes much longer than you expect for the TV to react to input, also when the remote is pointed directly towards the sensor. The dialog menu that lets you change input (HDMI 1-4 etc.) is hard to catch, because it´s only visible for less than a second - at least not long enough to give me time to choose input.

This 'slowness' was not there from day one (and it´s not the batteries).

Another problem is with the YouTube App I downloaded. Sometimes there is ok sound - and sometimes there is no sound at all. No connection to the quality of the YouTube clip - I hear them on my Pc, but on the TV there is no sound. But I find no logic in when the sound is there and when it isn´t.

And a spooky one: The TV went on by itself one night after midnight, when no one was in the room, and noone had been watching that night. Haven´t used any timer on the tv. No possibility of neighbours interfering with their remotes, lest the rays can go through walls???

Hope somebody have some advise :cowboy: 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Imumbo and welcome to the community,

You could try doing a factory reset and then make sure 'Remote start' is turned off - this may resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Cass

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Imumbo and welcome to the community,

You could try doing a factory reset and then make sure 'Remote start' is turned off - this may resolve the issue.

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.DK.title
Imumbo
Explorer

Wuups, good idea! Didn´t think of that. Thanks, I´ll try and return, if it doesn´ t help.

Best
Imumbo

profile.country.DK.title
Imumbo
Explorer

Resetting the TV seems to have solved the problems 🙂

Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Glad to hear it!