Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8599 Freeview tuning issue

profile.country.GB.title
Jonnymack
Explorer

KD-55XD8599 Freeview tuning issue

Hi Guys, 

Tried digital auto tuning the TV in, no internet connection yet so standard firmware.

I originally got 46 channels, and none of them were in HD.

I tried again and only got 11 channels, again none of them were in HD.

While i would think this is normally an Aerial issue my previous samsung tuned via the same connection had all the freeview channels.

Could there be a possibility that the tuner is knackered, or is it likely to be the aerial somehow and perhaps i need a booster?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Pete_B

Hi Jonnymack

Thanks for your message.

Someone will look into this and get back to you as soon as they can.

Regards,

Pete_B

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

So when do you intend to come back to people? I have now read that same thing on several occasions, seemingly only holding people off. How does your support work? Please give us some insight.

It is like in the U.S. community where you always get the following:

Thank you for visiting Sony Community! 

For further assistance, we kindly recommend visiting our Sony Global Website for information on contacting the Sony Support Center in your region at http://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/Support/

Regards,

Vincent 

If my post answers your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution"

How should that have helped and answered any question? And when you then contact their support via mail they ask you to do a factory reset, then they pretend that the next firmware update will fix it (which of course isn't true) and the last you hear from them is that they forwarded your inquiry to some higher level. You'll never hear from them again.

Sony support seems non-existent...

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Jonnymack,

There could be a problem with the tuner, but first you should update your firmware to the latest version (will you have an internet connection soon so you can do this?) and then do a factory reset to see if this resolves the issue.  If it's still on-going after that, your best option will be to contact Support so they can assist you further (details here).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Kuschelmonschter,

We’ve had lots of people away over the summer so haven’t been able to reply as quickly as we’d like unfortunately, but still want community members to know that their post has been acknowledged in the meantime (hence the messages you will have seen from Pete_B).

Cheers,
Cass