Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD7005B - HBO GO and Bluetooth connectivity

profile.country.RO.title
Gabriel.is
Explorer

KD-55XD7005B - HBO GO and Bluetooth connectivity

Hello, i'm new to Sony and i would like to post 2 questions regarding my new Android TV.

1. Does Sony's AndroidTV support HBO GO official app? I can't find it on PlayStore.

2. What up with the Bluetooth settings when i try to add deviaces from TV, the setup gets stuck in searching for deviaces, the TV can't find anything but when i connect my phone to the TV works without any issues.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Gabriel.is, welcome to the community :slight_smile:

1. I found HBO GO in the PlayStore, but it looks like it's only accesible in the US.  What country are you in?
  2. Have you tried the troubleshooting steps for this issue in the Help Guide? (The Help Guide can be found on this page)

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.RO.title
Gabriel.is
Explorer

1. I'm from Romania, it's not there for me .... when i tried installing with Playstore using pc it says No carrier Sony BRAVIA 4K GB .

2. Did that, i don't think it's product lock for specific type .... if i connect with other deviaces like smartphone, laptop, tablet it works, even my Samsung tv can find this Sony and the pairing works perfect, but when i try to search with the Sony TV i can't find anything, already did a factory reset and nothing....

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

The list of supported Bluetooth devices for the KD-55XD7005B is limited, so it’s likely that the devices you’re trying to connect are not compatible.  You can see the list of supported profiles here.

Cheers,
Cass

profile.country.RO.title
Gabriel.is
Explorer

I know about the list, that's why it's strange why this Sony won't find my Philips AEA2000/12 Bluetooth adapter because the supported profiles are A2DP and  AVRCP, every gadget in my house can find and pair with it easy but not this TV.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

I have looked into this for you and the KD-55XD7005B model doesn't support the A2DP profile I'm afraid (this is only available for XE85, XE90, XE93, XE94 and A1 Series).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.RO.title
Gabriel.is
Explorer

Sony should change the info in help section on tv's menu, i'm sure that's a software rectriction to make other tv's more special.

As for HBO support I managed to transfer the app from my Phone to the Sony TV and it works, I had to use my k400 from logitech to move the scroll around and select menu's. The thing is this was just a test, clearly I can't use this app for tv because is meant for touchscreen.