Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55X8509C - few issues

Golfik09
Explorer

KD-55X8509C - few issues

Hello

just connected new KD-55X8509C and i have few issues questions:

- when I switch my PS4 new TV will not turn ON if it's off, and will not swtich to PS4's HDMI port for it if I am wathcing TV from other HDMI port or TV. On my old Bravia it would do it and I found it very useful. Also when I am done with PS4 and swtich it off, I will not swtich back to active HDMI port, just stays on PS4 one telling me there is no signal .... 

Is there a way to get it like it used to do on old Sony Bravia TV? I checked the settings and can't find anything that could change the behaviour of my new TV.

- this morning when I swtiched TV on i had no sound. I had to hard power off and then power on to get the sound back. I will be doing firmware upgrade today so hopefully this will resolve this issue.

Also it seems to connect to my WiFi but i can see that firmware upgrade is supposed to improve this part of the TV so we will see.

Hopefully there is not much more wrong with this TV as it looks great and i watched Gravity 3D and it was very good.

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
paularm
Explorer

It is 8 years old, it's a Sony RDR-HXD870B annoying that it doesn't flip to
that channel when turned on, used to do so with my old Panasonic TV, would
assume all HDMI ports would at least do that, but seems not with this new
TV.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I've exactly the same model (fantastic BTW) and it is braviaync compliant! Not all the features (so you cannot push the play button on the tv remote to command it i.e.) but for sure it is able to power on the TV e sqitch off automatically when the tv is switched off.

Be sure that Braviasync is enabled (initial setting--> HDMI output --> HDMI control --> ON) and remember that just switching it on doesn't affect the TV : you have to do something on it like pushing "Title list" or "play".

It works smoothly on a W805C on HDMI4-ARC via a HTCT350 together with a BDPS5500