Join now - be part of our community!

Do I have to leave my 49" android TVs plugged in to the mains ?

xx31tt
New

Do I have to leave my 49" android TVs plugged in to the mains ?

Do I have to leave it plugged into the mains all the time ? Has I read to reset the tv I have to unplug it for 2minutes.

so do I switch it of with the remote and go to work or do I unplug it when it's not in use ,the reason I,ask is I read a reset requires to unplug from the mains for two minutes sounds silly I no 

pat

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@xx31tt wrote:

Do I have to leave it plugged into the mains all the time ? Has I read to reset the tv I have to unplug it for 2minutes.

so do I switch it of with the remote and go to work or do I unplug it when it's not in use ,the reason I,ask is I read a reset requires to unplug from the mains for two minutes sounds silly I no 

pat

You can reset the TV by keeping your finger pressing on the On/Standby button on the remote for ten seconds or so.

if you put the TV in standby, many of the circuits remain active, and some do even when you switch the TV off at the back, when there is a switch there for this.

So to really drain all the circuits, you need to unplug it, or switch it off at the mains, and give the elections and volatile memory cells time to drain down, hence the two minutes.

But nobody says you have to keep resetting the TV, so leave it on standby if that is your preference.

On the other hand, if you feel happier switching it off when you are at work, or overnight do so - you might miss an update download, but that will always come in when the set is next put back on.

And with it off at the mains, you won't have to worry about it turning on spontaneously, and maybe annoying your neighbours..

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking