Join now - be part of our community!

Defected to LG and not looked back Android to Webos 3.5 is awesome !!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Defected to LG and not looked back Android to Webos 3.5 is awesome !!!!!!

Hey Guys and Girls ...It’s been a quite a while scene my last post on here so here goes this may also be in fact my last post on here full stop ! I owned a Sony 2015 KD-X438307C up until last I week did exchange with John Lewis Oxford Street branch as I live in West London. I brought the TV last year 2016 and at that time it still had Android lollipop 5.1 which was dreadful the TV performance after the first few weeks started to go downhill rappidly restarts and crashing not very good but I still stuck with the TV as I love Android and felt at that time Sony would slowly sort all of the problems and bugs out with software updates. After all I felt that Android TV should and still can be the best Smart TV platform out their but only and only if its developed correctly .Any..way time went on and finally over a year or so later Sony pushed out the much anticipated Android TV Marshmallow 6.1 ...So I thought after all this time and allot of people were already ***** off as in the US it already had come out but has issues already . So surely after all this time and plenty of testing Sony had a chance to redeem itself as a company and make good on its promise that it has fixed pretty much all the issues and bugs and at that time I had defended Sony quite a bit ... So what happened after just a few days massive issues as Sony realised the software back in February and it had no choice but to pull the plug and suspend the software rollout. By this time I started to feel Sony were losing it and maybe I should get out and exchange the TV then at that time . I was one of the ones that already did the software update via USB stick manually and thank god did not brick my TV.The story does not end there .. The TV was working absolutely fine but after a week things started to go downhill again.. New problems Amazon judder really badly now worse than lollipop HDD drive TV unmounts after a few days worked fine before with no issues HDMI ARC functions does keep switching my expensive Denon AV AMP on and off randomly not happy. So I reported this to Sony and at first they were on it in fact Sony Tech kept calling me up almost every other day so all looked very promising. After a few weeks it went dead nothing from Sony I rang them up with my reference number and nothing had been done it was escalated to higher personnel. Okay now Im goona have to skip a month as Sony announced that they were going to realise another software update to fix lots more bugs including AmazonJudder you had to start the stream and stop the stream and then start the stream in order to play any films crazy !!! I gave Sony one more go before I decided to step up and turn up the heat with John Lewis and take matters further I had spent just over £600 on this TV and I expect it to fully function as they advertised this was not on !!! After the next software update nothing had changed and still had all the same issues I was now totally fed-up . I had tried to sort out a replacement TV direct with Sony and in fact they agreed to issue me with a XD83' upgrade which I would have been delighted with but again cutting many weeks down ''Bridget '' customer relations officer at Sony UK screwed things up badly and I mean badly totally useless . Sony then offered me £200 towards another Sony TV I tried to do a deal for the new XE90 but they would not budge .And all the ‘XE’ range is dreadful the 2015 and late 2016 models were far superior in specifications aside from the android issues . Most 2015 and late 2016 models came with full 100/120hrz native referesh rate all the new XE range are only basic 50hrz you need to spend at least £1000 to get that spec . Also my TV had the Sonys 1X 4K CPU chip none of the XE range has that unless you spend over £1k . Okay cutting things down more now folks.. Sony gave John Lewis an uplift number so I could do a full refund with John Lewis and use this credit note for any other TV I wanted. So with a year to use my credit note I waited for prices to come down this year late summer was advised by JL staff wait untill September onwards as I am a big fan of John Lewis and in fact they were extremely helpful to me . Out of good will gesture and many months trying to lasie with John Lewis Tech team and a very useless and totally incompetent Sony John Lewis gave me £75 towards any new TV I wanted . I was really happy now that’s what I call fantastic customer service. So after doing some homework I decided to jump ship and cut my losses with Sony and go to LG I had read many blogs and several reviews on-line that LG tend to get a very good reputation and that their new 2017 range with Webos 3.5 is meant to be the best out their now as a smart platform goes . So I did a great deal with John Lewis my full credit for my old Sony TV plus extra £75 towards my new LG and LG are doing a fantastic deal giving 6 months worth of Netflix premium for free thats work another £60 !!. I am a big Netlfix fan so that was a winner for me . John Lewis took away the old TV and delivered the new LG last week . Its been a week now and this LG TV is absolutely everything that my old Sony TV should have been. My old sony had retailed for £850 I paid a little less and my LG was the same so in the same price bracket the best LG TV on 4K mid-range area I can’t afford over £1000 .. I cannot praise LG Webos enough and I mean it this LG is a proper Quad core implemented system its bloody fast and quite powerful none of this Sony ''mediatech'' crap that they insist on using and very sluggish and slow Andriod OS performance. Netflix, Amazon in fact all the demand apps come on more or less instantly and absolutely no dam judder in Amazon works a breeze . The TV will not crash.. I kept logging in and out switching into different apps and it just deals with it . Using the LG webbrowser also pretty snappy. This LG also has local dimming and HDR10+ Dolby Vision and the new HLG . So I urge anyone out their that has had enough leave Sony they just can’t get Android TV working or developed correctly . LG make their own screens and produce their own OS for their TVs or even if they out source it for development dam I finally feel that I am getting a TV that really preforms . My HDD works as well no unmounting what so ever . HDMI ARC function works like a dream. LG magic remote is awesome to use.. It just feels like that LG listens to their customers and gives them the experience that I feel I deserve for the money I have paid . It just proves that at this range or price range in the market you can get a decent TV at a great value for money just sub of £1000 and get the performance to go with it . I feel totally let down by Sony and cheated by them. There is a lot of bad press regarding Sony using Medatech chipsets on all their range as its cheaper. I don’t want to here after spending £700+ on a TV that I get cheap parts LG just proved my point. Also a lot of people were stung last year regarding early 2016 models using 2015 chipsets ATV1 and if you waited 3-4 months later you could have paid the same money and got the later chipset ATV2 models sorry Sony that’s just not on all those people are goona get stung due to software updates . I have also read that people that spent over £1000 on a TV 2015 range and 2016 lost out again as Sony fitted their cheaper 2017 range this year with the ATV2 chipsets. So all those people that spent all that money will lose out . I also have ready that the ATV2 chipsets are meant to be Quadcore they are not correctly optimised again due to Sony using Mediatech so not really preforming as a quadcore CPU should be . I am not saying that LG are perfect and nothing goes wrong the same will be with Samsung I can only go on what I have brought and used straight out of the box. So comparing my new LG is pretty impressive.
0 REPLIES 0