Join now - be part of our community!

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

profile.country.HU.title
djmickey83

Android 6 (Marshmallow) on 2015/2016 TV's?

Hello.

During CES I heard a news that Sony will bring Android 6 (Marshmallow) to the 2015 TV lineup.

Link with Video

General News about Marshmallow on Android TV's

These news are from January.

Had anyone heard something new about this?

964 REPLIES 964
profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

Lol at the internet provider 'solution' from Netflix. As uninstalling updates solves it the fault is solely with Netflix. I've turned of automatic update on google play and I'll try updating Netflix again in a few weeks. 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

May I ask how did you uninstall those Netflix updates?

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

The easiest way is to open the google play app, choose Netflix and the option is there. You'll also have to turn off automatic updates in the google play settings otherwise Netflix will update itself instantly. 

profile.country.RS.title
bbrks011

Worked perfectly, thanks, I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

BTW, funny how those guys from Netflix support don't have a clue.....unreal.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Hi folks yep it's true I also had a look and EU Marshmellow update is back next Wednesday 19th April realy realy hoping Sony does not screw up this time round!!

See below

http://sony-eur-eu-de-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/138476

Just get Google to translate it to English on German community forum website under Andriod.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z5 Smartphone
profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Sorry folks my bad it's also been published on the UK Sony site as well today..

Btw I had no issue with the Netflix update the other day been streaming perfectly fine and iv also had great customer service from Netflix I find they are always very help with any issues from past few years.

Anyway each to their own.....

Iv got the KD-43X8307 2015 would recent upgrade TV has been working more or less fine with only a few small issues hopefully the new update will kick out loads more bugs.

Let's look forward to the new Marshmellow update Mk3 next Wednesday!!

profile.country.FR.title
nicogri

Could be an excellent news coming out of nowhere (in the sens we didn't see it coming). 

So wait and see if it stays online for more than 2 days

profile.country.GB.title
Marcd51
Contributor

Yep could not agree more with you their.

If Sony balls it up this time next week I think their will be serious consequences for them that's for sure!

I'm going to download it onto a USB stick.

And yep it's a new build number as I suspected.

profile.country.GB.title
Garymjh

I'm glad you people have the courage to apply the new update straight away. I'm leaving my Sony automatic update off until II'm sure it's not another colossal mess. 

nikolay1243
Explorer

Hey, did you manage to install it without any problems? I cant wait till wednesday(or later) so could you upload it to google drive and drop a link here? Cheers :slight_smile: