Join now - be part of our community!

49xd8005 with Android 6 and hdmi cec of oldest Sony home cinema DAV-DZ260

Petr_KD-49XD8005
Explorer

49xd8005 with Android 6 and hdmi cec of oldest Sony home cinema DAV-DZ260

Recently I upgraded my old Sony TV and replaced it by 2016 49XD8005..

I do have oldest home cinema / DVD  Sony DAV-DZ260. I use it just for speakers.

My new TV is having one little problem with volume control over HDMI CEC.

TV remote control via HDMI works well for all functions except decreasing volume down to 0 value. 
My TV is connected to DVD by HDMI/OpticalOut and Bravia Sync works almost well. I'm able to configure the DVD settings through TV remote controller, start/stop playing, increase and decrease volume, power on/off both devices from both TV and DVD. However the lowest volume I can set is given by DVD preset volume (after poweron or by DVD IR controller). So it means the TV can control volume in range from DVD preset to FULL volume and back, but not below the DVD preset down to 0. It seems that the actual volume set by DVD is misinterpreted by TV as 0 volume level. 
I realize that the DVD is quiet old, but let me note that one year old LG TV works well with the DVD. The volume was properly decreased by LG TV down to 0 level. I'm not pretty sure if the same issue is observed by any newer DVD, but it is possible.

Anyone having similar experience with device remotely controlled via HDMI CEC?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Instead of decreasing the volume down to 0 value.  What happens when you press the mute button?  Just trying to find a simple alternative.

Cheers

Petr_KD-49XD8005
Explorer

Hi,

yup it works...but all other remote hdmi commands works fine from TV. Even "decrease volume" works fine as long as the volume was increased via TV. "Decrease volume" stop working once the DVD volume is reached...like the volume level which was set on DVD after poweron or which was set by DVD remote controller. Such a volume is considered by TV as volume 0. It is not handy as you power on the TV by TV controller, sounds goes up, but somebody was having high volume previously...at the end I need to search for DVD controller and decrease volume through it...Since this I can control the volume via TV without any limits.

I would understand that the HDMI CEC doesn't work at all...but I don't understand why everything works except one thing.

Unfortunatelly I didn't test the behavior prior android 6 upgrade 😞

Thanks,
Petr