Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
mk1.golf.1983

@ZombieFried777 I've just been checking out the screen mirroring on my kdl43w755c, but whilst not really following the on-screen instructions my phone was unable to find/connect to the tv (if I just turned on mirror option in the drop down menu on the top of my phone home screen), but if I went on my phone settings page and on to the screen mirroring from there it would connect straight away. Edit; My phone is an Xperia z and the settings menu is Xperia connectivity. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@UKPiglet - im not 100% sure if the inbuilt iPlayer is used or a separate version on its own.  I guess we will know when it goes live.

Also see: 

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/youview-how-it-works/m-p/2044273

Sputniklaptop
Explorer

Every single day after the update my tv freezes and I have to disconnect it from the power supply. It does not matter what I am doing, each day it might be something new. Sound but no picture, stuck in tvguide, tells me there is no connection to the antenna and so on. I am so tired of this tv and I have only had it since August. I have always loved Sony tv's but that love is fading fast.

forgot to mention I am from Denmark

mk1.golf.1983

We noticed the iplayer crash when we first got our kdl43w755c however, it never needed the tv restarting it would just cut out and go back to the home screen then you'd notice the recommended apps section reloading... Since the latest update and factory reset we haven't noticed it since, as yet...

profile.country.DK.title
tjp.thomas

I hate this 43" android tv set. Unresponsive after standby only curered by rebooting...  How can I find out what is eating the cpu or ram...? Any ideas? The place where I bought it is picking it up Monday to do trouble shooting...  But would like to chip in...  So disappointed about Sony...  Not even a beta product and here in Denmark the recent firmware has caused more problems than good...  Did not freeze up before....  

Can I monitor cpu? 

cozzykim

@tjp.thomas

Ours kept doing this until we did a factory reset, now it's OK

profile.country.DK.title
tjp.thomas

I hoped that would fix mine....  But it did not...  Damn 

HairyFool

I submitted what I considered a fair and balanced reveiw indicating both positive and negative aspects but lo and behold it has been rejected.

I have reported this to the Competition and Markets Authority as this means the website is misrepresentation. The form can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/report-anti-competitive-or-market-issues-to-the-cma

I have placed it under section G for Retail.

malcolm1962

@HairyFool wrote:

I submitted what I considered a fair and balanced reveiw indicating both positive and negative aspects but lo and behold it has been rejected.

I have reported this to the Competition and Markets Authority as this means the website is misrepresentation. The form can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/report-anti-competitive-or-market-issues-to-the-cm

I have placed it under section G for Retail.

Sorry, but the CMA has no relevance to your gripe so you are completely wasting your time. Even if it was, you would get no response to your complaint / report.

haberdavid

I have an intel nuc computer connected to the sony 65w859 tv

I am getting on the tv a picture that is cut on on the edges.

How can i fix it? 

When i am at the screen settings on my tv there is a way to adjust only the horizontal setting and the Vertical setting is not working (when i push up to go to vertical its dont go there)

Any help?