Join now - be part of our community!

sony/complaints/sel24240/dust

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

sony/complaints/sel24240/dust

hi

bought this lens in march,after using about thee times found dust in front elements,sent to wales with the instructions to 

inspect and report back to me.i did not wont it just cleaned and sent back  my resoning is that if dust is geting in then it must be geting past any seals in the lens,this lens is advertised [design is dust and moisture resistant for reliable operation in challenging conditions].i wes very dissapointed.i would have liked a replacment.

guess what cleaned and sent back, i was emailed it was in the post the day i went on holiday

it spent aweek at the post office.

i phoned wales for an explanation was tolded the engineer queryed what to do told to clean and 

return.that was june, went out to london for the day in october just got an a7r2 [great camera]

tuck some shot with a bright background/sky with this lens,loaded on to capture one lots of dust. wounder if it was made by DYSON. opened a complaint with sony promised a phone

call for complaints dept.still waiting a week later.Sorry about the raint.really hacked off with sonys attitude [wont me to send it back to wales for repair] havent we been hare before.

any help/information to help me resolve this problem will be greatfully recieved. mike

atitude

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

hi all

well email to say lens is on its way back,arrived opened to find a new lens, suprise shocked,now explenation?

phoned wales for update told there was dust in the lens and they recomended a replacement.

got the result i wanted.

hope this sarga helps some one.

michael

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

Sorry to hear. I'll forward this complaint, but there is not more that I can do. 

Explorer

hi 

thank you very much for your intervention.

fingers crossed for speedy conclusion.

will keep you posted

regards mike

profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

hi all

update

this email from sony

Thank you for your follow-up email and apologies for the delay in my reply, but I was not at our offices yesterday. Please be informed that there is no need for special instructions, besides indicating that since the lens has dust it show be cleaned and its seals inspected. Please note that I will contact the repair center directly to request that the report be sent to me once they have finished handling the lens, to then share it with you in turn.

Yours sincerely, thanking you for your patience,

Michael
SONY SUPPORT TEAM
SUPPORT: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

lens is now in wales am awaiting update.

will keep you posted

profile.country.GB.title
olympusc2100uz
Explorer

hi all

well email to say lens is on its way back,arrived opened to find a new lens, suprise shocked,now explenation?

phoned wales for update told there was dust in the lens and they recomended a replacement.

got the result i wanted.

hope this sarga helps some one.

michael

profile.country.BE.title
Portmixus
Hero

It's nice to see Sony reacting!

Nice result for you! Give Sony a kudos :wink:

Explorer

hi

yes it is, shame it took them so long.

thanks for your help