Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A77 II - is this normal?

profile.country.GB.title
ianwhite16

Sony A77 II - is this normal?

I've just got the above with the 16-50mm 2.8 lens as an upgrade to my A57, and wanted to check if the following were normal as I've spent all my savings and more on it!

- joystick a but loose/rattly, seems like it should be more securely attached, but works fine

- seems to eat batteries much quicker than the A57 - probably in about 200 shots- but I need to test further.

- lens zoom stiff - probably due to weather proofing, but I have nothing similar to compare against - all my other zooms a easier to zoom.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
hokenne66
Explorer

I have just bought the A77 II so haven't used it in anger yet but when I bought the A99 (which uses the same battery) I had the same issue with the new battery that came with it but older batteries from my A550 gave much better performance. After a few charges, the new battery's performance improved a lot.

It seems the NP-FM500H batteries need a couple of charge/discharge cycles to reach their full potential. I find that the A99 now gives me around 1200-1500 shots per charge. Hopefully you will find the same with your A77 II

profile.country.GB.title
ianwhite16

Thanks,

I'll see how it goes after a few recharge cycles.