Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a7 R iv with Sony VG-C4EM Battery Grip

profile.country.GB.title
Gary-Lord
Explorer

Sony a7 R iv with Sony VG-C4EM Battery Grip

Ive just purchased a Sony a7 R iv with Sony VG-C4EM Battery Grip and there is a gap in-between the Grip and Camera Body is this normal or have I got a return on my hands. Ive tightened the Grip as much as it will go_DSF1134.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Sound strange to me.

One of rare online review don't seem to have a gap

https://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/reviews/accessories/newell-battery-grip-vg-c4em-for-sony-revie...

This is the pic

Is your screw receptor clean on camera side? The dummy battery is able to be insered fully inside?

profile.country.GB.title
Gary-Lord
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, you have to hold the Camera at the correct angle to see the gap. I have contacted Sony and they have said it is with tolerance levels. I'm pretty sure it is to do with the rubber for weather sealing as the Camera seems to be pressing against that and not going all the way down. I think it will go all the way down over time 

profile.country.GB.title
Gary-Lord
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, you have to hold the Camera at the correct angle to see the gap. I have contacted Sony and they have said it is with tolerance levels. I'm pretty sure it is to do with the rubber for weather sealing as the Camera seems to be pressing against that and not going all the way down. I think it will go all the way down over time