Join now - be part of our community!

GPS logger for Sony a77 ii

Kst123
New

GPS logger for Sony a77 ii

Hi

I want to record GPS info for photos taken on the Sony 77 ii, which does not have an internal GPS logger.

Having looked into external GPS loggers (igotu etc) most of these only have windows software, but I'm a mac user.  

I'll be backpacking, so recording GPS on a cell phone isn't ideal because of battery life.

sony used to manufactuer a gps logger that you could sync with your photos (GPS-CS1 produced ~2006), and I'm sure I've recently read about GPS loggers that you can connect via the hot shoe to add GPS info whilst you take photos, but I can't seem to find these online.

any suggestions?  What are you using to record GPS on a non-GPS cameras?

thanks in advance

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Kst123,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Seems nobody from the community has anything to offer & GEO tagging is not something I have experimented with but after reading around the net I stumbled on a reference to https://launchpad.net/igotu2gpx that may allow you to download the log info to your MAC device, another option might be HoudahGeo which again may allow you to import the data from other geo loggers, might be worth contacting them to see if they can offer an option that works for you??