Join now - be part of our community!

HDR-AS30V Keeps Shutting Down

profile.country.en_GB.title
abshenton
New

HDR-AS30V Keeps Shutting Down

I have a AS30V action cam that I use on my road bike mounted to my handlebars.

Previously I had the AS15 and experienced the lose battery issue causing the camera to shut down unexpectedly.  I like the design of the camera (it's ideal for the bike) so I purchased the AS30V when I read/saw that the battery compartment had been altered - to hopefully address the issue.

Unfortunately it seems it has not!!!..... of the 6 rides I have done with the AS30V so far, I have had only 2 successful recordings;... the camera shut down within minutes of setting off on the other rides.

I have AUTO OFF set to OFF and I ensure that this is indeed the case and that the battery is fully charged before each ride.  I ride on roads, which are for the best part mostly smooth and the weather has been typical British weather over the last couple of months, so warmish, but not so hot that the camera is overheating OR anywhere near cold enough that the camera is turning off to protect itself.

I have seen multiple 'fixes' for the loose battery/bump issue for the AS15; but nothing for the AS30V..... but this is irrelevant anyway, as surely I shouldn't be getting this issue with a ACTION cam riding a road bike on a road!!! should I?  .... and plus the battery/compartment on the AS30V looks to be far better and secure than the AS15.

As I say, I really like the design of the Sony Action Cam (hence why I bought 2) and I would love to continue to use it.... but not if it keeps turning off mid ride.... it'll just be my luck that I crash, or worse get hit by a car and the camera wasn't recording at the time..... do you really want to deprive the Internet of seeing this 😉 

Sony, please help!?!?

Thanks

AS

0 REPLIES 0