Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 III Cellular LTE signal

profile.country.GB.title
roastedwookie
Explorer

Xperia 5 III Cellular LTE signal

Not sure if this is a software bug or indeed the cell reception is that bad, but today, in the middle of the city where all networks have full coverage, I was getting zero bars of LTE on my Xperia 5 III....the best I got was 1 bar of 4G+.

Either the display of the signal is calculated differently from other phones or the reception is that bad...I really hope Sony fixes this...

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Hello @roastedwookie 

Does it affect the quality of calls or when using the data service? 

profile.country.GB.title
roastedwookie
Explorer

Data connection not sure, since youtube music was running fine at that moment. I have not tested the calls to check.
However, I have requested a service reset for VoLTE and VoWIFI which does a reset of my SIM card and after receiving the SMS from the operator, I did a restart of the phone and now, the services are stable and I am not seeing the fluctuation anymore.
Could be that my mobile operator is messed up and I needed a service reset...not sure, never happened before on any other phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

To make sure, you can test your SIM card in another phone and check if the same thing will happen or not.

Sometimes if the SIM card is damaged or faulty, it affects the device negativity with other issues as well,and when you request a new SIM card from the operator you will find that the issue with the phone will be resolved.

profile.country.GB.title
roastedwookie
Explorer

Hi,

The simcard was brand new working fine on another two devices: Samsung and iphone.

The problem I think it was my provider. After I have requested a Reset of my GSM profile, received the confirmation text and restarted the phone,curiously everything works fine now.

Weird enough that on the other two phone it worked fine...not sure why it was causing problems on the Sony phone.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ roastedwookie

I think maybe the reset of the SIM card made it more adaptable and compatible with the phone's network signal. Glad to hear that it's working fine with you now.

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hello. I also have SONY Xperia 5 III

I was also worried about this issue and I found a discussion about this issue on the link below: 

Poor signal strength | Page 3 | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)

I hope it will help.