Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

DanSan48
New

Xperia 5 Fingerprint Manager missing from settings

Hi

Recently I've encountered problems with my fingerprint manager. Since the update it has completely gone from my settings menu on my Xperia 5. I spoke to someone from the team and they suggested backing up my phone and software repairing my phone. This didn't help one bit. And also erased everything without it backing up. Has anyone else experienced this with the fingerprint manager?

47 REPLIES 47
profile.country.GB.title
quantumpeep
Explorer

Brilliant. Thanks for info & tips. That's what I feared with putting all the stuff back. Need to contact them as I think my warranty says 1 year; I would have thought 18months but will confirm. Let's hope it is the latter otherwise the repair costs won't be worth it over the loss of fingerprint.

profile.country.US.title
George_110
Explorer

I decided to come back to this issue. After a couple of security updates, as of October 15 2021, the fingerprint sensor is now working for a good three weeks. At some point I decided to try to register my fingerprints again with no hope that anything would happen - and it works! If it goes well, I'll consider some next year's Xperia flagship as my next phone. We'll see.

profile.country.RU.title
MrKrosavcheg
Explorer

Also faced this problem. I reset the device, then backed it up, and after that the sensor malfunctioned, and then completely disappeared from the settings. I did a few manipulations except for one more general reset. So far no results. Updates are all the latest.

profile.country.GB.title
AurelT
Explorer

Same here

profile.country.GB.title
Ollsbols

It is a hardware issue. The sensor needs replacing. Sony replaced mine under warranty and it has been fine for 2 years. I assume you are out of warranty. I have no idea how much Sony would charge or if there is a non-Sony alternative.

Same here. But is there anyone that has a solution?

Now i basically have a fingerprint scanner for nothing!

And it really helps with opening up my phone so much quicker.

profile.country.RU.title
MrKrosavcheg
Explorer

My sensor has stopped showing up. Still, this is a hardware problem and, as they say above, you need to replace it. I left it like that for now, because there is no authorized SC nearby, but I just don’t want to open the phone and change it to a cheap spare part from Aliexpress.

profile.country.GB.title
Malintha
New