Join now - be part of our community!

Sony we want another color that isn't just black

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

Sony we want another color that isn't just black

Lately I only see the color black in the carriers and with all the people I speak prefer colors

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Xperia 5 is available in RED BLUE WHITE AND BLACK

However it depends on which region you are, the red and blue are market dependent

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

In Europe on carriers Only black Xperia 1 and Xperia 5

profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

Well in UK, for Xperia 5 there is black and blue, grey exclusive to carphone warehouse, no red.

For Xperia 1, there is just black and purple if I remember correctly, 

profile.country.GB.title
eddyesi
Explorer

Yeah I have a grey one, did think about blue but happy with the choice 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Tyrone123,

It can be the carriers that only wants the black colour and that is why only they are available. Here in the Nordics, there are 3 colours available (Black, Red and Blue).

Some colours can be exclusive to a specific carrier and if I remember correctly one of my friends from the UK said that was the case for the green Xperia XZ3 and it seems to be the case for the grey one according to the post made by @nolramlb.

Have you tried contacting the carriers and asked them why only the black colour is available?

@eddy_hyde, I really wanted that colour as well but it's not available here so I decided on a black one!

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

they say nothing, but it is curious that in carriers only black is when people prefer colors

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

People don't prefer colour in general. There are only a few of us who would select a fancy colour, most of the people just choose black or white. Especially companies that equip their employees with phones will always select the most boring colour available because they don't want to stand out. It's the same with cars -selling a black or white car is much easier than one with a colour.

By the way: My Xperia 5 in Red is on its way to me Slightly_smiling_Face

Jonas
Master

@Tyrone123, I see!

Can you check your Local Sony Mobile website and see if other colours are available in your market? I think most markets should have more than the black colour.

Where I live, most people use a cover so they can have their credit cards, bus cards and so on together with the device and they don't need a wallet and I guess the colour doesn't mean that much to them.

I do agree with you though, I prefer a something else than black if the option is available.

@skycamefalling, that's a really good point! Slightly_smiling_Face

Black or white makes it a bit more stealthy and does not stick out as much as a red/blue one would and some people may prefer that. We almost always get the black colour to the office but I still remember the chrome Xperia XZ Premium that we got a few years back, that was a real beauty!

I'm glad to hear that you are giving the Xperia 5 a shot and I'm jealous about the red colour, I want that as well!

Have a great day! Slightly_smiling_Face

profile.country.ES.title
lledo54
Contributor

Nop, In my Xperia Telegram group we all wanted the Xperia 1 in silver and now they want Xperia blue, in Orange Spain we finally have Xperia 5 blue