Join now - be part of our community!

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

When is Android 12 Coming to Sony Xperia 10 III

Hi there the 1 III and 5 III have been getting their Android 12 updates. I'm wondering when the 10 III will start to get its update? I think it's unfair to send out Android 12 to the flagships first in all markets and then push it to the 10 III even though the 10 III was the first of the MK3 line to be released. I understand the flagships will get updates first but this is ridiculous now. Thanks so much. 

31 REPLIES 31
profile.country.SE.title
dragontrumpetare
Explorer

So still No news about Android 12 from Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
scdonal97

in the last few days they have released an updated file for at least Xperia 5 iii (& probably 1). I imagine that they are watching to see how that goes before releasing to other platforms.

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

Nope not a single peep put of them. Now the 1 II and 5 II have the update. Last years flagships get the update before this year's current mid-ranger it's a little unfair by now. 

profile.country.IE.title
djeire84

I mean like the issues aren't going to go away they will still be present on the last generation of devices. The Sony Xperia subreddit are full to the brim with a whole host of issues. I'd rather have the issues at this point. At least I'd have the current OS and they're pushing firmware to it. The flagships both MK3 and MK2 are on their first Android 12 security patch for crying out loud.

Just feels they are neglecting the 10 III even though it received the Android Enterprise Recommended tag when it came out promising

Xperia 10 III

Security update support

Security update support end-date: June 2023

Frequency of security update: Every 90 days

OS version update support

Shipped version: Android 11

Future versions: Android 12

It seems to be all lies. 

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/smartphones/business-phones

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

I don't think you should worry about receiving the Android 12 version, the release plan might be weird I know, but Xperia PRO-i didn't receive the Android 12 yet and it's the latest phone for Sony that was released. So, I think it's just a matter of time and you'll receive the notification to finally install Android 12 on your phone ✌🏻

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

62.1.A.0.533 (Android 12) was released 4 days ago, but according to the phone update check and Xperia Companion, no software update is available. Phone is using stock firmware, WiFi/4G is available and I have made several restarts. However when 62.0.A.9.11 (Android 11 update) was released month ago, I got it right away, at the same release day.

Based Reddit, a lot users are facing same problem. Some say that software repair using the Xperia Companion pushes update to phone. But I don't want to and I don't have time to reset my phone and set up everything, including every app settings from scratch.

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @mksuuk, software update release depends on so many aspects such as the network operator, region, country, etc. Surely it will get the update soon without a software repair. Just keep checking the software update tap on your Settings.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

@Piscie

Maybe OTA goes true carrier/operator repositories (which may take time), but Xperia Companion makes direct connection to Sony servers and as Sony published CUSTOMIZED EEA 62.1.A.0.533 and as my phone uses CUSTOMIZED EEA (Europe), then update is available. I just don't get why software isn't available via OTA or using Xperia Companion update check, but is available using Xperia Companion software repair.

profile.country.US.title
mksuuk

Got today OTA update notification, however after reading users negative opinions, I have not yet decided, either upgrade and get used to Android 12 new features/bugs or skip upgrade until main GUI issues are fixed.

profile.country.GB.title
jim.thain210
Explorer

Android 12 is the worst thing Sony has done. WiFi calling doesn't work well. Android auto phone screen does not work any more and xperia assist is non existence. Worst thing ever, I've gone back to my xperia XA2. A new OS shouldn't limit functionality.