Join now - be part of our community!

Problems after Android 13 upgrade

Problems after Android 13 upgrade

I can no longer reliable use my car's handsfree calling after the phone updated itself to Android 13.

My phone is a Sony Xperia 10 IV. The car is a recent Peugeot (model year 2021). Similar infotainment systems exists in cars from Citroën and Opel/Vauxhall.

The exact problem: There's no connectivity or pairing problem, but calls cannot be initiated from the infotainment system, nor can I hear the other person, nor can I receive a call. All these things worked consistently and without issues when the phone was on Android 12.

I've tried:

• Deleting pairing information ("forget") at both ends and re-pairing.

• Deleting all bluetooth information in the phone (cache, app data, etc) .. from the Settings.

• Re-booting my phone

• Factory reset of the car's infotainment system

• Updated the car's infotainment system to latest version

None of this works.

What works is this: I let the phone connect to the infotainment system. This happens, of course, automatically shortly after I've started the car. As it should. But if I then turn off bluetooth on the phone and then turn it on again (effectively forcing the phone to re-connect), then everything works again. But of course, that is not sustainable solution: I cannot do that every time I start a trip.

Because of the workaround, I'm suspecting there's some kind of timing issue. Which wasn't there in Android 12.

I've found similar reports from other users. However, none with a real solution. Other smartphones can use my car's infotainment system via Bluetooth without problems. Which means I'm not getting help from car dealer.

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey alternating_current, this is not the first time I've seen this issue here on the forums, it's not the phone, it's the car system. 

To prove it, test with any other device, like headphones, or other up-to-date car system, it will work, 

However, if you want to give it another go, this link has some steps that you can try: https://bit.ly/3XIYWmk