Join now - be part of our community!

SVE14A1S1EB problems - upgraded to Windows 8

profile.country.bg_BG.title
E-Tle.
Visitor

SVE14A1S1EB problems - upgraded to Windows 8

Hello, everyone.

Last year I bought vaio SVE14A1S1EB and upgrade it before a week to Windows 8. I didn't choose the option to save my data & settings аnd I lost Vaio Care, Control Center /especially for backlight keyboard/ Update and so on. I still see the old windows 7, but most of them they wont start. Already tried to install Control Center, but it lost most of its options. What shoud I do? If choose to return to 7 with recovery discs and then upgrade to 8 /saving my data and settings/, will my vaio programs be fully functional and from where I shoud download Vaio Care and Vaio Updade.

There is also another problem - after BIOS is updated for windows 8, when I wake up my vaio from sleep mode, the fan starts to spin at full capacity. How can I stop it to do such thing?

The third problem is that when I open lid, windows 8 doesn't start and I have to press the power button. Is there a way to change that?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
sheslam
Visitor

Hello,

actually I did the same and I didn't choose the option to save my data and setting. I also couldn't download the fetures from download centre. you need to put the recovery discs and install the windows 7 then go to your e-mail and download windows 8 from there but this time choose save data and setting.

Good luck

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi E-Tle and welcome.

Sony fully support an upgrade to Windows 8 for your model.  To perform a successful upgrade you must have the original version of Windows 7 installed and you must have a Recovery Partition with the original software.

Recovering to factory settings using your Recovery Discs will put back the Recovery Partition which is needed as many of the drivers produced by Sony are only updates and require the original software to be installed if they are to work.

1.  Recover your system using your Recovery Discs to reinstall Windows 7 and all the Sony and third-party software.

2.  Download the Sony Windows 8 Upgrade Kit - this is essential as it automatically checks for software in the Recovery Partition and automatically downloads updated drivers and installs them.  You cannot install many drivers without the download.  You can download the VUforWin8Upg.exe from here:

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/sony/windows8/EU/index.aspx

3.  Carry out the upgrade to Windows 8 following the official Sony instructions exactly :

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/files/vaio/EU1/Windows_8_Upgrade_Guide_EU1.pdf

This is the only way to get everything working properly after the upgrade.

:thinking:

profile.country.bg_BG.title
E-Tle.
Visitor

Blencogo, this time I choose to save settings and data. Only one problem left and it's pretty anoying - when I wake up my vaio from sleep mode, the fan starts to spin at full capacity. Every time I have to turn off the laptop. How can I stop it? Where exactly I can change that setting? : (