Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H Keyboard problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
stetran1986
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-FE31H Keyboard problem

On startup the laptop boots straight into bios unless I hold down F1 through to F4 keys. I've tried fitting a new keyboard into the laptop and that worked for 1 start up then half way through the windows install the keyboard stopped working and then when I restarted the laptop it was going straight into BIOS everytime and beeping a lot.

Any ideas?         

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi stetran1986,

If you can post the beep code (number and sequence of long and short beeps) this may give a clue to the problem...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
stetran1986
Visitor

there is no beep code. the computer beeps if you hold down too many keys...

profile.country.en_PK.title
xs2ahmed
Visitor

An old post but I have the same issue,

My vaio VGN-FE31H has same keyboard issue,

On boot it beeps as if keys are pressed, but no keys are really pressed, may be the keybaord circuit has gone nuts or what.

On boot it starts beeping (does not go to bios in my case), when I press a few random keys on the keybaord , the beeping stops,

after I logon to windows, open a text editor, put the cursor in there, it would automatically randomly type in keys..

I previously had 3 vaio laptops different models, this particular one annoyed me so much, I had other problems with this one too - even I once sent it to sony got it repaired (the keybaord was replaced to new one) for quite a lot of money after that It did not even run 6 months without any issues - .

Replacing keybaord is not even worth, the keybaords are overly expensive of sony product. (this laptop is a money eater) So basically this laptop will sit and be useless probably I get the internal keyboard removed and connect an external one.. but ...

I have stopped using sony laptops now, I was a loyal sony customer but now I have switched, such a sad thing that despite big name the quality of products is low.

Message was edited by: xs2ahmed

Message was edited by: xs2ahmed