Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN CS Model-Anyone know which model compares today?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
sonveri
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN CS Model-Anyone know which model compares today?

Hi

i need to replace a Sony Vaio VGN CS which was damaged and i wanted to check which model of Vaio compares to this model bought in 2009. In 2009 it cost 929.90 euro and there is a wide range of Sony Vaios now so i'm not sure which model compares. Any advice welcome thanks

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
binbash

Hi sonveri,

I hope it helps and that it arrives soon : )! My selection had a 4 year warranty added on it, if you want to reduce the price you can downgrade the Blu-ray disc drive to a dvd drive.

Other than that the only thing that might annoy you is Windows8, it's a big change, but it does have a desktop mode hidden in there which allows you to use it as normal.

binbash

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
binbash

Hi sonveri,

What do you mainly use the laptop for? Do you browse the internet mostly? Or play games? Do movie editing etc? With that information we might be able to suggest a useful replacement.

Hope we can help

binbash

sonveri
Visitor

Hi

I only use the laptop for browsing. Social networking, iTunes etc

The reason I asked is the laptop was damaged and my insurance company asked me the cost of replacement which was hard to say given the amount of new laptops out. I wanted to accurately reflect an honest replacement value for a similar spec laptop and then If I wanted to upgrade I could add to it so any advice you have on what's available today in a similar spec I'd appreciate

Thanks for your help

C

binbash

Hi sonveri,

Do you happen to know how much RAM and the CPU it has? I see there are many different models of the Sony Vaio VGN CS. It would be useful to spec up the new one.

thanks,

binbash

sonveri
Visitor

Hiya

It says vaio vgn cs11s/w core 2 duo p8400, 2.26 Ghz, 4096 Mo, 320 gb, 14.1", DVD+rw Qwerty, vista premium home.

Hope that helps!!

Thanks

binbash

Hi sonveri,

I just had a quick look for you now and this is what I've come up with. Would you like Windows7 or 8? It's not an option but maybe you can tell the insurance company you want to buy it seperately.

What do you think? 8 gig of RAM is more than enough, but it was on discount and cheaper than 6GB : ).

binbash

http://i.imgur.com/dS3bcgZ.png

sonveri
Visitor

Hi

That's brilliant I'm not fussy really about all the nitty gritty!! I just wanted to be fair in what I was trying to replace it with so you've really helped narrow it down so thank you for all your help

C

binbash

Hi sonveri,

I hope it helps and that it arrives soon : )! My selection had a 4 year warranty added on it, if you want to reduce the price you can downgrade the Blu-ray disc drive to a dvd drive.

Other than that the only thing that might annoy you is Windows8, it's a big change, but it does have a desktop mode hidden in there which allows you to use it as normal.

binbash

sonveri
Visitor

Hiya

Fingers crossed I get the replacement so thanks a million for all your advice I'm sure I'll learn loads with windows 8!

Thanks again

C