Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Duo 11 - Touch Screen stopped working

profile.country.en_GB.title
jon__jon
Visitor

Sony Vaio Duo 11 - Touch Screen stopped working

Hiya,

i have a brand new Sony Vaio Duo 11 hybrid laptop / tablet. It is now a couple of months old.

When i first started using it, the touchscreen went, so i used the Win 8 heal funtion to refresh the system which left the docs intact.

Now i have had the device a while and installed lots and am enjoying it. So much that i was going to use instead of main pc today. So i plugged my mouse in, sat back, loaded a game and noticed that the touch screen no longer responded.

I checked "my computer" and it says "Pen and Touch : No pen or Touch Input is available for this display"

This is a Windows 8 Pro 64bit OS with Intel i5 processor.

Model :SVD112A1SM

I cannot find this model within the support area of the Sony site, let alone any drivers.

The Sony Vaio care only has listed WLan , NFC, Wireless Display Drivers listed for updates.

I know this device has touch screen i was using it even all day yesterday. Now today the Vaio is telling me i dont have one.

There must be a fix.... !!! Someone please...?

Thanks for reading. If i get a fix, i will update here.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.ru_RU.title
Artyomis
Visitor

I have the same problem. I can't see installed drivers as far as System window telling me that my screen does not support finger inputs. I'm trying to discover new hardware, but Windows cannot find anything.

Please help

profile.country.en_GB.title
jon__jon
Visitor

Hiya,

When i posted the  problem above. I was experiencing a problem that keeps occuring, so there is obviously an issue here that needs fixing.

What i did to fix it, was reboot the laptop a couple of times. On the final time, i shut it down, left it for a little while and then when i booted it back up, the touch screen started working straight away.

This has happened again since the occasion above, so i followed the same solution that i did above and it came back again.

So, it does look like a full shutdown, go and make a cup of tea, then boot back up is the only fix i could find.

Hopefully, sony or MS will see that there is something not quite right and maybe they will fix in a future hotfix, but until then, that is all i have .....

hope it helps :