Join now - be part of our community!

How do i fix my left touch pad button on my vaio vgn-nr38s as it has become intermittently unresponsive again?

sonyuser222
Visitor

How do i fix my left touch pad button on my vaio vgn-nr38s as it has become intermittently unresponsive again?

The button has already been replaced once on warranty a few months ago, but now my warranty has run out and the replacement button is also now starting to play up, help please? Also how do you search on this forum to see if anyone has the same problem? I've been looking for a search facility but cannot find one???

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi sonyuser222 and welcome.

This comes up occasionally - usually from a few heavy users of this button. From Sony's viewpoint it is sometimes difficult to see if this is caused by fair wear and tear or from the abuse which sometimes comes from gameplay.

The only practical solution is replacement and if you have had one replaced recently then I would still contact Sony as a replacement part should have its own warranty.

:thinking:

sonyuser222
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo for your swift response,
I will be phoning Sony first thing Monday morning about the issue, that's the thing I don't abuse the button at all, I'm not a game player, I only use the laptop for business accounting and web surfing, it just seems that the button is just not up to the job!

I didn't think about mentioning to them about the recent button having some sort of warranty but will definately mention that one to them, I suppose they might suggest I pay the labour and they replace the part for free??? If that is the case then they might as well just send me half a dozen buttons and i'll learn how to replace them myself for when the next one goes!

Thanks again for your advice